Flood, meteorology, climate, seismology, geophysics, remote sensing, rock mechanics-Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor
- Applicants should hold a PhD in the relevant field from reputable institutions such as IIT, NIT, etc.
- Must have sufficient experience in teaching, industry and research with reputable institutions.
- Should have research articles published in international/national journals.
- Should have books published and researchers awarded/for whom they are currently working.
- Candidates with patents filed / consultancy work carried out will be given preference.
- Exposure to managing high value funded projects will be an added advantage.
- Presentation of the classroom
- Lab Instructions
- Development Learning material resources and laboratory development
- Assessment and evaluation of students, including university exam papers.
- Participation in extracurricular and extracurricular activities
- Guidance, advice and assistance for students in their personal, ethical, moral and general development
- Keep abreast of new knowledge and skills, help generate new knowledge and help
- the dissemination of this knowledge through books, publications, seminars, documents, etc.,
- Continuing education activities Personal development through upgrading Qualifications, experience and professional activities
- Research development activities & Research support
- Industry Sponsored Projects
- Provide consulting and testing services
- Promotion of industry-institution and R&D interaction
Academic / Administration:
- Academic and administrative management of the establishment
- Planning, monitoring and evaluation of promotional policies and activities; both at department and institution level
- Design and development of a new program.
- Prepare financing projects in the areas of R&D work, laboratory development, modernization expansion, etc.
- Administration at departmental and institutional levels
- Development, administration and management at institutional levels
- Monitoring and evaluation of academic and research activities
- Participation in policy planning at regional/national level for the development of technical education
- Assistance in resource mobilization for the Institution
- Develop, update and maintain the GIS
- Plan and implement staff development activities, conduct performance review
- Maintain Accountability
- Extension / Industrial Connectivity
- Interaction with industry and society
- Participation in community services
- Provide R&D support and consultancy services to industry and other user agencies
- To provide non-formal modes of education for the benefit of the Community
- Promotion of entrepreneurship and job rotation
- Dissemination of knowledge
- Provide technical support in areas of social importance
Apart from the above tasks, any other relevant work is assigned by the Dean of the respective schools.
Department: Disaster mitigation
Open positions: 1
Site: Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India
Years of experience : 5 to 15 years old
Posted on: 28-Dec-2021