WJMN Local 3 in Marquette, Michigan is seeking a Weekend Meteorologist/MMJ. We are looking for someone who can provide knowledgeable/easy to understand weather forecasts in one of the snowiest locations in the United States. Although we face extreme weather conditions in the summer, this television market sees its greatest weather impacts during the fall and winter months.
This position REQUIRES working weekends.
This will be very heavy MMJ work, with meteorological/scientific reporting at the forefront. Weather is a topic with many of our viewers in Upper Michigan, we are looking for someone to explain why or what is behind the weather forecast, or how weather/climate affects our weather in Upper Michigan and the Great Lakes.
This candidate will also replace the Chief Meteorologist when he leaves and must be flexible for working holidays and extreme weather conditions.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Gather videos and information for news stories.
- Produce and report weather and/or news reports on all media platforms.
- Present live weather and news reports from the station as well as from the field.
- Write weather stories and update forecast information on the station’s website.
- Develop innovative and creative ways to present the daily weather story.
- Create maps and graphs to illustrate weather conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree in meteorology and broadcast journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Solid vocal delivery, camera presence and clear enunciation.
- Strong reporting skills.
- Understand the importance of social media.
- Proficiency Weather Company (WSI) weather systems.
- Attention to detail.
- Performs other assigned duties.
Apply at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/nexstar/job/MI-Marquette/Meteorologist-MMJ_REQ-15838
WJMN and Nexstar Media Inc. are an equal opportunity employer.