Job category: New
Application number: WEATHER006371
- Posted: November 7, 2022
- Full time
Display of 1 location
South Bend, IN 46637, USA
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36% of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and finding new ways to stay on top of our markets, we are focused on training and developing the best and brightest employees in the business.
WNDU is the “This is Home” station in Michiana and we live by that brand every day. Our station has a positive team culture that we cherish. We are located on the beautiful campus of the University of Notre Dame. Our station is owned by Gray Television, the largest ownership group. Gray believes local stations know how to best serve their communities. Gray also believes in investing in our local stations, making sure we have the best people and the best technology. WNDU is conveniently located near Chicago and Indianapolis and only 30 minutes from Lake Michigan. The South Bend area is a thriving destination for top-notch education, sports, arts, and entertainment. Joining the WNDU team is an opportunity to develop your career.
WNDU 16 News Now is looking for a Morning and Midday Meteorologist – the ideal candidate has a great morning personality with a strong background in meteorology. You will work with a very strong team of co-anchors
Duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare a weather forecast for northern Indiana and southwestern Michigan for the next 10 days during our morning and noon news.
- Post the latest forecast on WNDU.com and on our First Alert Weather app. This will include videos and graphics.
- Post interesting weather and science information to your Facebook and Twitter pages, as well as the WNDU social pages.
- Familiarity with MAX software a plus: First Alert Weather Center has two Max 7.7 enclosures and the latest extreme weather configuration, wall-to-wall coverage.
- Embrace the First Alert Weather brand: We’re a station that believes we’re the first to deliver impactful, life-changing forecasts to our viewers the way First Alert Weather does. When a First Day Weather Alert is issued, it becomes THE STORY of the week. You will be responsible for alerting the rest of the weather team when significant weather appears in the forecast.
- Passion for Continuing Education: WNDU believes in supporting and promoting the CBM and AMS seals. If you have a seal, it will be supported. If you are considering obtaining a seal, we will help you through the process of obtaining a seal.
- Holiday relief for the Chief Meteorologist during our weekday evening shows and for our other weekend meteorologists. You will also manage the weather for AgDay during the week. This is a national broadcast with a large agricultural audience, so forecasts and information are general for the whole country.
- Diploma in meteorology required.
Qualified candidates who want to work with a large group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopeningyou can type the job title, station call letters or click “apply now”upload your CV, cover letter and references
WNDU-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics . In addition to the requirements of federal law, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in all locations where the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall and transfer, leave, compensation and training .
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, information genetics, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray employees to perform their job duties may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, to be fully vaccinated against coronavirus prior to the first day of work to the extent permitted by applicable law, unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation. .
Bachelor’s degree or better.
Copyright 2022 WNDU. All rights reserved.